Monday 25 December 2017

Twice Upon A Time

“Oh... Spoilers.”

“Come back alive.”
“Be here when I do.”

I figured it had to be the Christmas Truce, although I would have used the setting three years ago.

“It’s not an evil plan! ... I don’t know what to do with myself.”

The Glass Woman was beautifully done, I could recognise Nikki Amuka-Bird through the rendering. And yes, a good creature, that rarest of things in the Whoniverse so it felt fresh. I had it figured out from the name and the memory recording, though the offer made Testimony seem shifty enough to work as apparent villains. And to save people, record their memories and then send them back... careful not to give them that undue hope.

Mark Gatiss must have been delighted to get two screaming closeups.

Gratuitous Dalek!

The Doctor being his own embarrassing granddad.

Clara.

“Hate is always foolish, and love is always wise. Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.”

“Aw, brilliant!”

No trailer. :( I suppose it is still nine months away.

And so, the end of an era. Three actually, Moffat, Capaldi and Murray Gold. When the show comes back it’s going to sound different too.

No comments:

Post a Comment