Sunday 9 February 2020

Can You Hear Me?

“I tried to warn you.”

Emily Cook at DWM reports that this is the first episode with a question mark in the title. Considering the title of the show and the accessorising of most Doctors in the 80s, this surprises me.

Good and valuable message in kind of a bitty episode. I presume they weren’t going all put with the monsters so as not to detract from it, because the whole fingers in the ears thing is just... odd. Though I’m a sucker for animated stories for mythological exposition. And nice touch with Aleppo, a reminder that mental health has been a concern long before psychoanalysis and the like.

Next week, The Haunting Of Villa Diodati, as already visited by Doctors in audios and comics and my game and... they do seem to be going through the Celebrity Historicals “why haven’t they done...?” list. And considering we already had Ada Gordon, later Lovelace, I hope they call back to that on meeting her dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment