Sunday 23 February 2020

Ascension Of The Cybermen

“Mad? No, hopeful.”

Good thing that second scene was after the credits, I might have thought Call The Midwife was on early.

Good division of the crew.

The anti-Cyber DIY projects were an odd red herring. One would have been enough.

I expected the Cyber drones to clamp onto the heads of the humans. But no, Ashad is all about the killing. Which I think skips the Cybermen’s scary USP. Trying something different is cool, but not for me.

And is that Davros’s plan he’s trying?

I did appreciate him agreeing with the Doctor’s assessment, though.

Graham continually teases Yedlarmi for being a pessimistic “Eeyore” without considering the fact that he’s speaking to someone who has survived years of warfare and just saw his brother murdered before his eyes in a terrifying Cyberdrone attacks.
Caroline Siede, AV Club review. Ouch.

And how far away was the TARDIS anyway? (I thought it might be the Barrier...)

Nice design on the cyber ships - fast and sleek and a little bit handlebar-y.

After the Master popping up in Spyfall, the Judoon getting sidelined in Fugitive Of The Judoon and the Last Cyberman interrupting The Haunting Of The Villa Diodati, the ending was not a surprise. If it had been the Terileptils, I might have been slightly surprised...

No comments:

Post a Comment