Tuesday 14 December 2010

The Shadow Proclamation

The Writer's Tale also features the original plans for The Shadow Proclamation in The Stolen Earth, complete with a page-sized illustration of the scene as pictured by Russell T Davies himself. I stole this wholesale for the end of The Door In Time, even printing out the scan of the drawing, because I was so disappointed by what we finally got on screen. I understand the reasoning, as discussed in the book, but damn. After being mentioned as far back as Rose, I really wanted their first appearance on screen to be awesome, and it so nearly was. And sure, we got a similar scene two years later, but it's just not the same...

So whenever The Shadow Proclamation shows up in my things, it's a big deal, with a lot of Judoon and humanoid troops, alien lawyers, different species arguing, holographic scans for dangerous equipment, red-eyed psychic magistrates, bases built out of asteroid debris (which in my head used to be part of a planet destroyed in the Dalek War) and more, and bigger, and you still need to queue to see someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment